A Fact Sheet On Endometrial Cancer
Cancer of the endometrium stems from an abnormally high rate of uterine cell multiplication. If caught early, the probability of beating it increases manifold.
The womb is one of the most sensitive organs in a woman’s body. Any health anomaly related to it can become tough to manage if left undetected and untreated for long. It is therefore unfortunate that the womb is quite vulnerable to diseases. Uterine cancer has over the years climbed the charts and now occupies the fourth position amongst cancer types assailing American women.
Here are some early stage clues that can help you identify a cancerous invasion:
- Unfamiliar vaginal discharge – Out of turn bleeding between regular menstruation dates, post-menopausal spotting, and non-bloody vaginal fluid are all signs to look out for to catch this disease.
- Unrelenting pain in the pelvis - A painful pelvic region is a red flag and should be reported to a physician immediately.
- An Unexpected loss of weight - Weight loss without any effort is an initial sign seen across different forms of cancer.
- Problems related to urine and bowel movement – Blood in the urine or the stools can be a cause for worry. Also, immediately investigating any nagging pain while passing stools is advisable.
Treatment varies based on the severity of cancer. For example:
- If caught in its early stage, an operation to remove the cancerous uterus is recommended.
- If cancer has reached stage 2, extracting the uterus, the tissues around the uterus and portions of the vagina are suggested.
- Radiation is recommended after most procedures
More aggressive procedures are chosen if cancer has evolved to a higher stage.
Although there is no magical diet or lifestyle choice that can guarantee the prevention of endometrial cancer, the following things can help in reducing the risk
- Regularly using contraception in the form of birth control pills
- Eating a well-balanced, healthy diet
- Breastfeeding your child for a minimum of 6 months
- Avoiding foods that are high in sugar content
- Cutting out red meat and processed meat from your diet
For more information on various types of cancers and their treatments, please visit our website –Advanced Cancer Treatment Centers.