Fight Cancer With Food
While no particular diet or activity can claim to prevent or treat cancer without fail, some studies prove that up to 40% of all forms of cancer can be dodged by introducing minor lifestyle changes. Some dietary habits like eating sugar-laden treats often, not consuming enough fiber and overeating red meat or foods rich in omega-6 fats, can all lead to a higher risk of falling prey to cancer. Ditching these food choices and opting for healthier alternatives is a great way to keep your body fit for longer.
Add some of these foods to your diet to protect yourself from almost all forms of cancer.
- Broccoli – Those green florets of broccoli in your salad are much more beneficial for your health than you think. A compound known as sulforaphane found in broccoli is the reason behind its cancer-preventing superpowers. Steam your broccoli or eat it raw instead of cooking it in a microwave to preserve all its cancer-fighting nutrients.
- Citrus fruits – Citrus fruits have been studied in detail to prove their efficacy in preventing cancer. The inflammation-attenuating ability and the antioxidant nature of fruits like lemons and oranges are both good at lowering the risk of cancer of the mouth, esophagus and the stomach.
- Fatty fish – Fish like salmon, sardines, halibut, and mackerel are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and are linked to a higher chance of preventing and surviving breast cancer and endometrial cancer.
- Apples An apple a day can help keep the oncologist away. The polyphenol compounds in apples work to bring down the probability of developing various forms of cancer as well as metastasis.
- Kale – Cruciferous vegetables like kale are loaded with anti-carcinogenic substances like indoles and carotenoids. It is best to eat leafy greens in their raw state because that way their essential nutrients are retained. Make sure that you wash these vegetables thoroughly before you consuming.
For more information on various types of cancers and their treatments, please subscribe to our newsletter Subscribe now